Mastrole Quarterback Academy teaches young men to play Quarterback at the High School, College and Early NFL levels. We work with aspiring QBs from age 10 upward. We are experts in developing mechanics, fundamentals, & the mental side of the quarterback position.
Our goals are simple.
- To enable each MQA student to maximize their physical and mental ability as a quarterback, as fast as possible.
- To help each student attain, to the greatest extent possible, their goals, not only in football, but, for education and life as well.
Through thousands of hours of film study, observation and teaching, augmented by extensive research involving NFL quarterbacks, Pro, College & High School coaches and College Recruiters, we have defined those core competencies, which help produce QB excellence; core competencies which, taken together, produce the Super QB.
Our Super QB Model comprises four SKILL AREAS. These are 1) Physical Capabilities 2) QB Mechanics 3) Mental Agility 4) Game Performance.
We have defined five core competencies for each skill area – 20 in all. For each competency, we utilize:
- Video presentations to explain & demonstrate;
- Objective measurement techniques to gauge capability & progress;
- Specific training and development techniques for each skill area;
- Self-training routines, which students can use on their own.
Exhaustive research had led us to many conclusions; but, none is more important than the importance of individuality. No one quarterback, not Tom Brady, not Peyton Manning, not John Elway, not Dan Marino excels at all 20 core competencies. And, yet each is a legendary QB. So it is with all MQA students. They are each different. Different strengths, different opportunities to improve and improve quickly. Our mission is to identify those opportunities and target the ones with the greatest upside. We make four promises to students, parents and coaches, who commit fully to the MQA process:
- CANDID, UP FRONT EVALUATION: of current capabilities and long range
potential. The Super QB methodology enables us to keep this promise;
- SPECIFIC IMPROVEMENT TARGETS: based on objective measurements. We will
provide training regimens and drills based on these targets;
- REGULAR MEASUREMENTS: plus instructor assessments of student progress/
- COLLEGE MARKETING & EXPOSURE: We will facilitate introductions and provide counsel regarding high school and college recruitment, placement and scholarship opportunities. Our track record for producing high level QB’s and trusted evaluations has built relationships with college coaches at every level and conference.
As you try to decide among the ever-increasing number of QB schools, we suggest focusing on two areas:
- Does the MQA methodology make sense? Do the Super QB model and the core competencies make sense? How important is it that potential and progress can be measured objectively? Do the measurements and training techniques really exist to accelerate development?
- Has the MQA program produced results? Are HS QBs, who commit to the MQA program, achieving their goals in terms of becoming Varsity starters and receiving college offers? Are NFL draft prospects achieving the results they hope for?
Insisting on honest answers to these questions, not only from MQA, but from competitors as well, will go a long way toward helping you choose the best option for accelerating development as a top notch QB.
In closing, we wish to again emphasize the importance of individuality. Just as Elway & Marino, Manning & Brady are all different, so too is each MQA QB. The secret to accelerated improvement is to utilize this fact to build developmental programs, which target individual potential. This cannot be done without objective measurement. Of course, coaches opinions are vitally important; but, nothing is more compelling objective measurement…like pointing out that Student A throws a 15 yard “out” with 85% accuracy at a velocity of XX fps, whereas Student B achieves an accuracy of 70% and his velocity is 0.7XX. Objective measurement is the key to highly focused development.